Trash Bash, the annual village clean up event, will still take place this year on Wednesday despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
To avoid a gathering of people, Sun Peaks Mountain Resort Municipality (SPMRM) is asking participants to register for a route in advance by emailing email@example.com.
On May 20 garbage bags and gloves will be available from 1:30 to 2 p.m. outside the Sun Peaks Community Health Centre with sanitizer to wipe down the table between pickups.
Bags can be left on the side of the road when full and Sun Peaks Resort LLP staff will collect and dispose of them.
Routes that have yet to be claimed as of Monday afternoon:
- Fairways Drive from 2438 to 2468 and Valley Trail loop back (includes Valley Trail section between Hole 3 and 8)
- Fairways Drive East from 2436 to Sun Peaks Road (including Eagle Court)
- Valley Trail from P2 Entrance to VDL Entrance and Valley Trail from Covered Bridge to Fairways Drive
- Creekside Way from P2 Entrance to Upper Village Stage
- Valley Drive from Sun Peaks Road to Echo Landing
SPMRM asks for registrations to be submitted by noon on May 20. Participants should continue to respect physical distancing guidelines.