The Thompson-Nicola Regional District has confirmed the first round of dates for this year’s $20 Dump Days, which will take place at waste facilities throughout the North Thompson on Saturday, May 11.
Residents can bring in any amount of material equalling a disposal value of $20 or less free of charge. Any amount of material above $20 will incur tipping fees. This event is for residential waste only — no business or commercial loads
Scales will be used at the Louis Creek and Clearwater Eco-Depots to determine whether a load meets the $20 threshold, based on regular tipping fees of $60 a tonne. Sites without scales will continue to use the volume-based system. For example, under the volume-based system $20 loads can include any two pieces of large furniture (mattress/couch, etc.), or a short box pick-up with extended sides of household garbage, or a full-sized box pickup of demolition/construction.
Participating TNRD waste sites around the North Thompson are:
• Clearwater Eco-Depot (290 Clearwater-100 Mile FSR)
• Louis Creek Eco-Depot (4077 Agate Bay Rd.)
• Eagan Lake Transfer Station (8385 Eagan Lake Rd.)
• Little Fort Transfer Station (4580 Sandhill Rd.)
• McLure Transfer Station (2076 Yellowhead Hwy South)
• Vavenby Transfer Station (3125 Allingham Rd.)